Aerial hoop (also known as the Lyra) is a circular steel apparatus (resembling a hula hoop) suspended from the ceiling, on which circus artists perform aerial acrobatics. Our aerial hoop classes are for all abilities and are suitable for total beginners! If you are looking for your first aerial experience we highly recommend starting with aerial hoop as these classes allow you to build your strength up at you own pace. We are also able to lower the equipment to assist those with low upper body strength.
We also run Youth Aerial Hoop (Ages 6-16)
IMPORTANT!! ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO COVID 19 ADAPTATIONS
ADULT CLASSES -
- Adult students are now permitted to share aerial hoops in class with cleaning and hand sanitizing between turns.
- Our hoops are pre-treated before classes using an anti viral product to minimize risk of transmission.
- IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING - we would ask that you attend specific classes where you will be permitted to have your own hoop.
These classes are:
MON 6PM Mixed Abilities
WEDS 6PM Beginners
ALL OTHER CLASSES MAY INVOLVE HAVING TO SHARE EQUIPMENT.
- Students must continue to remain social distanced and step back from the equipment/other person while waiting for their turn.
- Family members and support bubbles may share equipment without having to social distance.
- Instructors are currently unable to physically spot or assist students unless in the event of an emergency. Equipment may be lowered for beginners if required and crash mats should be used at all times.
- Students must clean their mat and hoop at the end of the session using the cleaning products provided.
- Children's classes are currently remaining as non sharing until after 16th August when they should not have to isolate.