PLEASE NOTE: We are currently not taking beginners in Aerial Silks due to the risks involved where we cannot spot students at present.
Aerial silks is a type of performance in which one or more artists perform aerial acrobatics while hanging from a special fabric. They use the fabric to wrap, suspend, fall, swing, and spiral their bodies into and out of various positions. Our studio has 4- 5 metre high ceilings meaning our silks can be used to their full potential and for activities such as drops and rolls!
Our classes are suitable for beginners to intermediate level and we will accept total beginners; however we do recommend that you undertake another aerial discipline in order to build up the strength required for silks.
WHAT TO WEAR: Please wear leggings or jogging bottoms with a top that covers your stomach and back and can be tucked into your waist band if necessary. You will be in bare feet. Please also bring a bottle of water.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IN REGARDS TO COVID 19 ADAPTATIONS
- Aerial Silks and Sling classes are currently NON SHARING due to the fact that the fabrics cannot be cleaned between turns.
- Aerial Silks are washed or quarantined for 72hrs between uses.
- Family members and support bubbles ARE permitted to share equipment however.
- Instructors are currently unable to physically spot or assist students unless in the event of an emergency. Crash mats should be used at all times.
- Students must clean their mat at the end of the session using the cleaning products provided.